Geocode Factory is a mapping component that works with Joomla! core articles as well as many other 3rd party extensions that store address and/or coordinates data.
It allows you to display joomla content and/or other third party items on maps in many creative ways.
You can display multiple marker sets from different 3rd party components on one or more Geocode Factory maps.
Geocode Factory 5 is compatible with Joomla version 3 and php 7.
Basic Component Package
By default Geocode Factory 5 is delivered with the Joomla! Articles plugin allowing you to geocode your articles and display them on maps and/or display maps inside articles.
The basic package is free and it contains:
- The main component and related module
- The Joomla content map loader plugin
- The Joomla content article geocode plugin
Geocode Factory 5
- Just need to login or register and download it free!
Full feature list
With the Geocode Factory Component you can create an unlimited number of Google Maps, or even use custom map tiles instead, like Openstreetmap or any other.
Each map can be customized for each instance via templating and CSS.
You can add any of the many built-in options like sidebars, geolocation, dynamic radius search, underlying kml layers, and many other features!
We use Google maps.
- Unlimited list of maps: Creation of an unlimited number of Google maps, each with own parameters.
- Google map v3: Use the last Google map api.
- Joomla tools on each map: You can edit, copy, publish, and delete each map.
- Named map: Each map has a name.
- Custom size: Define the map size (with in px/em/%, and map height in px/em).
- Component template: The component's frontend is a template on which you can draw the map, and all controls using keywords (placeholder) and use them how you want in tables, divs, ...
- Number of markers: Show where you want the count of displayed markers.
- Sidebar: Draw a side list of markers (including distance from radius if set) where you want, then click on a marker zoom on the marker and open the bubble.
- Sidelist: Draw a side list of markersets including markers (including distance from radius if set), where you want, then click on a marker zoom on the marker and open the bubble.
- Markerset selector: Draw a combox of markerset where you want in the template, to select the markerset to show/hide.
- Markerset multiselector: Draw a listbox of markerset where you want, then select one or more markerset to show/hide.
- Locate me: A frontend google maps locate me button that tries to find your browser's position, and display a marker on the map.
- Location me moving: The locate me marker can be dragged on the map.
- Save position: Save the current locate me marker's position in main map.
- Reset position: Geocode the profile's position (from postal address), and move the locate me marker on this position.
- Locate me icon: The icon is customizable (default : blue cross).
- Default demo atemplate: You can copy a default template to show the main controls.
- Max markers: By default all filtered markers are shown, but you can limit the number to increase the performance.
- Backend sample map: In the backend, a sample map is shown that uses the google controls you set (after the apply button).
- Default map center point: Free hand latitude and longitude or picking a point on the backend's map.
- Map center on browser location: Center the map on the browser physical location (iphones, androids, or from IP for desktops).
- Map center on members coordinates: Center the map on the location defined in the current logged member.
- Map center auto: Center the map to show all markers (useful for radius search).
- Map type buttons: Select your favorite button's display or hide them.
- Map pan/zoom buttons: Default, small, android style, or none.
- Zoom default: Default zoom when entering the map.
- Mouse wheel zoom: Allow the mouse wheel zoom.
- Doubleclick zoom: Allow the double click zoom.
- Zoom range: Allow only zooming from... to... .
- Show lines: Show connection lines between connected / friends profiles (JS/CB) or between entries and owners.
- Clustering: Use the clustering if you have many markers and want to group them.
- Clustering end: Define the zoom level where stopping the clustering.
- Cache duration: Freeze the markers (position and number) in cache file for a gived time or disable.
- Unlimited number of layers: You can use KML, KMZ or geoRss feeds in maps.
- Frontend search: You can activate a frontend search form to get marker in a radius from a custom entered address.
- Frontend radius: Custom list of distances in miles or kilometers for the radius list in frontend.
- Frontend radius click: When click on the map get the markers in the given radius.
- Frontend radius click: Choice between left or right button
- Frontend radius circle: Draw a colored circle when frontend radius is used.
- Frontend radius zoom auto: Automatic zoom on the radius area.
- Frontend radius reset: Click a button to reset the map and show all markers.
A marker is a little icon displayed on a map, and we work with marker set (family of markers).
- Use of markersets: We work with a set of markers, each set has its own parameters.
- Unlimited list of markersets: Creation of an unlimited number of markersets, each with own parameters.
- Joomla tools on each markerset: You can edit, copy, publish, delete each markerset.
- Named markerset: Each set have a name.
- Assignation: Assign set's to a map.
- Special coordinates: for each set you can use alternate coordinates from the profile (multiple addresses).
- Marker accuracy: Select one of the 3 levels of accuracy to display (alway right coordinates in profile) the markers on the map.
- Joomla itemid: Custom joomla itemid for the links, useful for special context links.
- Infobubble with: Sets the google map's bubble maxwith property.
- Marker title: Selected in fields list.
- Avatar as marker: Use the user avatar to display the marker icon on the map.
- Avatar as marker icon: Use a special (customisable) icon to show the exact marker's position.
- Custom icon: Select a custom icon in your joomla's image folder (images/stories for J1.5) as marker icon.
- Filter connected markers: Filter by connected, not connected or both. Useful for a logged versus not logged member map.
- Advanced filtering: Use each component field to create filters. Wizard (field, operator, value) is available.
- Backend radius: Define a radius and load only markers present in this radius.
- Backend radius distance: Free hand value, in miles or kilometers.
- Backend radius center: Define if the radius is from map center or connected user's position.
- Users to allow see the map: Define the minimum joomla user's right (user's level) to see the markers.
- Users to includes: Define the joomla user's right (user's level) to include (JS/CB).
- Category selector: Define from witch category (ie) select the markers (S2/MT/EV/SP/AM).
- Xml load: Load all markers thought xml, reduce the main page weight.
- Makerset ordering: Ordering the markerset is useful for frontend selector.
The bubble is open when a marker is clicked.
- Ajax load: Load each bubble as ajax, reduce the main page load, each bubble is loaded when clicked only.
- Template: Template for each markerset.
- Fields: Insert fields from extensions in the template (age : [field_age] returns age : 30).
- Distance field: Insert a distance field in the bubble if radius is used (distance : 50.34 km).
- Link field: Insert a link on the target of the bubble (user's profile, entry view, ...).
- Online status field: Draw a code snippet for online or offline in bubble (JS/CB).
- Online / offline snippet: mini-template (html code) that represents the users online status (JS/CB).
- Streetview: If a streetview is available on the marker position, a streetview is drawn in the bubble. If not available a replacement text is used.
- Waysearch: Little waysearch form that opens a google map with the route to join the marker.
- Avatar / image: Display the avatar (JS/CB), picture (JS/CB), image (S2/MT/EV/SP), icon (S2/MT/EV/AM/SP) or 1st gallery image (S2).
- Avatar as marker: Scale factor allowed to resize the avatar maker image.
- Status: Display the user status (JS).
- Category dependent: The markers are category dependent for directory components (JS/S2/SP/MT/AM).
- Guest fields: Allow to insert the number of guests, confirmed, and canceled (EV).
- Sample templates: Sample for a basic template and for a tabbed one.
- Tabbed template: Tabbed google bubble, with a unlimited number of tabs (define in html/css).
You can geocode the items (profiles, or entries), the geocode process consists on getting geographical coordinates from the address.
- Batch geocode: Allows to batch geocode all entries / profile in one click (CB/JS/MT/SP/AM).
- Listing: List of each members, with used address, and coordinates.
- Filtering text: Filter the list by keyword search.
- Filtering type: Show only without coordinates.
- Geocode filered: Allows to geocode the whole database from the filters.
- Geocode displayed: Allows to geocode the current displayed items.
- Silent geocode at profile registration / edition: Plugin for (CB/JS), in JS this is deprecated plugin because geocoded by Jomsocial itself.
- Button geocode profile: Plugin for (JS/CB).
- Profile map: Plugin for (JS/CB).
Some features from the product.
- Online version checker: Dynamic check if your product is the last version.
- Online help direct link: Link on the myjoom.com support page from control panel.
- Inline help on each page: Use the help button in the top toolbar.
- Google server's choice: You can choice for google.com, google.fr, google.de, ... server.
- Batch geocode speed: The bach geocode process is divided in packs, each pack is geocoded and the server do a discharge pause, you can set the package size, and the pause duration.
- Unlock all field types: By default only the standard fields type (text, lists, ...) are used, but if you use custom fields types (country list, ... ), you can use it.
- Connection lines color: Select the color you need for connection lines between markers (friends / owner<->entries).
- Debug mode: Will help you to debug your map if you cannot see any marker, by displaying php errors messages and some informations.
- Debug mode XML: Show the raw xml file, help you to find queries errors.
- Debug mode bubble: Display the last clicked bubble content in a fresh browser page.
- jQuery no confilct: We load the jQuery library in the joomla.org recommended way, but if your template or other extension will not load properly, we can activate the no conflict mode or don't load the library.
- Menu creation: Create menu item from the map ID (select list in J1.6), or from the markerset ID (will show the assinged map).
- Module map: Display maps in a module position (module included).
- Link fields: link fields from extension to Geocode Factory (street = field_street, ...)
- Use internal coordinates: Allows to use the internal Jomsocial coordinates.
Geocode Factory 5
Geocode Factory 5
Geocode Factory 5 offer low priced plugins (called gateways) to allow mapping the data stored in these popular 3rd party extensions. Those extension will then function as data providers to your maps.
Geocode Factory 5
If the extension you are using is not supported, you can ask us to develop it. Simply open a support ticket, and we can make it happen!
1 one domain
All extensions and plugins
All extensions and plugins
All extensions and plugins